Saturday, July 19, 2008

More about Msmom21

I didn't tell about how i'm dealing with my MS now. When I was diagnosed I was more excited about having the Handicap sticker hanging from our rearview mirrior than anything else. I went from walking without any "helper's" to using a walker. To make it easier I gave my frist walker the name of TONTO, MY FAITHFUL ALUMINUM COMPANION. I started using my children as helpers until they got bigger than me. Then I relied on Tonto more. Then I got worse and had to go to a Wheelchair which I named THE MS ENTERPRISE, I DON'T HAVE A SEATBELT EITHER.
My wheelchair is now the offical computer chair. I still use it when we go to church and to do the dishes. I have another walker with wheels on it. I use that one around the house. It's name is EEK, SHE HAS WHEELS GET OUT OF HER WAY.

I used to be a city bus driver in Salt Lake City, Utah. Since I lost my driving abilities, the roads thank me daily for not being out there. I keep offering but no one takes me up on it. Go figure.

No comments: