Saturday, November 1, 2008

Grandmother's Marshmallow Fudge

It works. Sorry for not writing in this as I should forgive me. I will try to do better.
I haven't done anything dumb lately. I thought I would put some family recipes in this for your holiday cooking. The first is my Grandmother's Marshmallow fudge
A smooth and fudgy treat perfect for the Christmas Holiday
Ingredients:
1 cup margarine (2 sticks)
4 cups of sugar
1 can of evaporated milk
1 (12 ounce) package milk chocolate chips
1 (12 ounce) package semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 (7 ounce) jar marshmallow creme
1 tablespoon vanilla
1 cup chopped nuts (optional)

Directions:

Melt margarine in a large sauce pan. Add sugar and evaporated milk. Bring to a boil;stir constantly for 9 minutes. Remove from heat; add milk chocolate and semi-sweet chocolate chips, marshmallow creme, vanilla and nuts, if desired. Stir well. until mixed. Pour into a buttered 9" x 12" pan. cool completely.

Number of servings: A LOT

Preparation time: about 30 minutes

ENJOY

No comments: